EnvironmentalScience.org describes a conservationist as someone “who works in the protection of things, places, biological life and ecosystems.” Everyone can be a conservationist!
What can I do?
- Work to protect open space and corridors that connect opens spaces.
- Volunteer: trail maintenance, clean up days, green acres programs and community days.
- Protect wildlife and work to ensure species endure.
- Recycle, decrease the use of plastics, and reduce waste.
- Support organizations that educate the next generation on the importance of environmental stewardship.
Click here to read a short article about the importance of biodiversity and the need to conserve and protect all species.