A conservationist is someone “who works in the protection of things, places, biological life, and ecosystems. (EnvironmentalScience.org)” Everyone can be a conservationist!
What can I do?
- Work to protect open space and corridors that connect opens spaces.
- Volunteer: trail maintenance, clean-up days, green acres programs and community days.
- Protect wildlife and work to ensure species endure.
- Recycle, decrease the use of plastics, and reduce waste.
- Support organizations that educate the next generation on the importance of environmental stewardship.
- Get OutdoorZ. People who experience the outdoors are more likely to protect natural resources.